Russia to Burn More of its Currency Reserves, Barclays Predicts – Forbes
Russia is unlikely to raise interest rates any time soon, so to control inflation it might have to dip into its foreign currency reserves, according to Barclays Capital.
Russia Takes More Action to Prop Up Ruble – UPI.com
Lithuania Join Baltic Neighbours in Euro Club – BBC News
The new year means a new currency for Lithuania – it is joining the euro, following its Baltic neighbours Estonia and Latvia into the currency bloc.
Lithuania Adopts Euro as Russian Worries Rattle Baltics – Bloomberg
The Euro Currency Prepares to say Adieus to One Country While Welcoming in Another – Seeking Alpha
Brazil’s Real Drops as Central Bank Halves Intervention Program – Bloomberg
Brazil’s real declined the most among major Latin American tenders after the central bank cut in half daily swap offerings supporting the currency.
BSE Hits Record High Currency Derivatives Turnover – The Economic Times
Currency derivatives turnover on leading stock exchange BSE today hit record high of Rs 11,634.42 crore, surpassing rival bourse NSE’s turnover for the session.
China May Allow Foreigners to Invest in Futures – Wall Street Journal (tiered subscription)
China has proposed allowing foreign investors and brokerages to trade some futures contracts, granting the latter access to a vast, potentially lucrative but notoriously volatile market.
Mt. Gox Losses Likely 99% Fraud – The Japan News
About 99 percent of the bitcoins that disappeared from a virtual currency transaction system operated by Mt. Gox may have vanished due to fraudulent transactions, not from cyber-attacks as the company initially claimed.
Mt. Gox Bitcoin Theft Was An Insider, Not Hackers, Say Police – News BTC
Japanese Police: Mt. Gox Fraud Likely an Inside Job – Inside Bitcoins
Brascuba Ready for ‘Imminent’ Cuba Currency Unification – Bloomberg
Cuba’s dual-peso system, in place for 20 years, will soon be no more and cigar maker Brascuba is ready for the currency’s unification.
Reforming Cuba: Troublesome dual currency is No. 1 on government’s to-do list – The Bellingham Herald
- IFM Lifecycle of Derivatives Trades: Uncovering the Middle and Back Office Functions, 22 January in Chicago, IL; 30 January in New York, NY; 12 March in Chicago, IL; 7 May in New York, NY; 14 May in Chicago, IL
- Managed Funds Association’s Network 2015, 26-28 January in Miami, FL
- ACI World Congress 2015, 3-7 February in Milan
- FIA/SIFMA Asset Management Derivatives Forum 2015, 4-6 February in Dana Point, CA
- FX Week Australia, 12 February in Sydney, NSW
- FX Invest Europe, 24 February, Frankfurt, Germany
- AFME 10th Annual European Market Liquidity Conference, 25 February in London
- FIA International Futures Conference Boca 2015, 10-13 March in Boca Raton, FL