Currency Markets Braced for Janet Yellen’s Words – Financial Times (subscription)
A jittery currency market is braced for further volatility on Wednesday when Janet Yellen, the Federal Reserve chair, delivers her semi-annual testimony on the outlook for the economy before Congress.
FX Now: The Changing Dynamic – Tabb Forum
The foreign exchange industry is facing fundamental changes to how it operates. With the fallout from scandals continuing to impact, impending changes to how capital is assessed to trading businesses, a changing liquidity paradigm, and the desire on the part of the authorities to deliver a truly global code of conduct, the industry faces a period of unprecedented disruption.
Mexico Peso Hits Record Low, Analysts Blame Bondholders – Reuters
Mexico’s peso sank to a record low on Tuesday, pressured by what analysts described as bets against riskier assets in general and a move by investors to hedge big positions in local bonds.
Bank of Japan Seeks to Change Mindsets with Negative Rates – Financial Times (subscription)
Disregard the naysayers: negative interest rates underline BoJ’s goal of beating deflation
Polish Central Bank: FX Loans Conversion Could Cost Up To $11.2 bln – Reuters
Poland’s proposed conversion of Swiss franc loans may cost banks up to 44 billion zlotys ($11.2 billion) and knock down the zloty and Polish sovereign ratings, the central bank said on Wednesday in a regular financial sector stability report.
Central Banks Make Global Economy Vulnerable, OECD’s White Says – Bloomberg
Central banks’ ultra-loose monetary policy is putting the world economy at risk, said William White, a senior adviser to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.
- TradeTech FX USA 2016, Feb 22-23 in Miami, FL
- FX Week: FX Invest Europe, 24 Feb in Amsterdam, Netherlands
- FX Week Australia, 10 March in Sydney, Australia
- FIA: Boca 2016, 15-18 March in Boca Raton, FL
- FOW: Derivatives World, 12-13 April in Hong Kong
- FX Week FX Invest North America, 12 April in Boston, MA
- Profit & Loss Forex Network London, 14 April in London, UK
- Profit & Loss FX Growth Markets Mexico, 20 April in Mexico City
- ACI World Congress 2016 – Indonesia, 26-30 April, Jakarta
- Eurofinance: Asia Treasury, 18-20 May in Singapore
- Profit & Loss Forex Network New York, TBD May, New York City
- FIA: IDX 2016, 7-8 June in London, England
- Profit & Loss Scandinavia, TBD September, Copenhagen
- Profit & Loss Forex Network Chicago, 28-29 September, Chicago, IL
- Sibos 2016, 26-29 September in Geneva, Switzerland